Many times in my life, I have come to a crossroads. Whether it was with a person, situation, direction or in a moment of creation, I felt I needed to reach out and trust someone other than myself. There are a lot of folks that would LOVE to tell me what to do! And, there are sometimes, I do so desperately desire to give up control and let someone else run my life and make the decisions. But, having lived through a few of these experiences, I have learned a few things.
1. When you ask someone for their advice, opinion or viewpoint, be ready for the answer. It may not be the answer you long for or one that you expected. But, if you have chosen that individual for their insight, be prepared to receive it.
2. Check your own agenda, and their motivations. Not everyone has your best interests in mind; they have theirs. Whether it is unconscious or not, they are speaking from what they want and desire. It's human nature.......sort of. Which leads to the next point.......
3. Ask an expert. If I need help with a financial situation, I will ask a financial expert. If I need help with creativity, or relationships, or cooking........I will ask someone who has a much higher level of expertise than I possess. I want to grow, not have somebody else agree with me.
4. Having a few people you trust is priceless. How many people do you really need to trust? One, five, twenty? In my experience, I have a couple of people that I trust with my life. I also have a few people that I trust with certain areas of my life. Sometimes trust is only needed per subject area. I am happy to pay someone for their expertise because it is an even energy exchange. If you truly want to learn, pay someone for their knowledge. You will walk away with fresh new insight, and they will walk away being compensated for their brilliance.
5. Trust your own voice. If you are in doubt, ask someone for their input. Listen, acknowledge what they are saying, process it, but if it doesn't fit for you and your life, it doesn't fit. So many times we KNOW the answer, we are just looking for validation. That's fine, but to constantly rely on other people's input about your own path will lead you to dependency and, one day, you might look back and realize this isn't your beautiful life. It's everyone's idea of your beautiful life.
6. Trust that the Universe, God and your higher self "has got your back". This has been the most difficult for me. I'm a "can do" kind of gal. I never want to feel indebted to anyone. But here's the secret.......if your intentions are clear and true, what you are working to bring to life will happen. The higher powers that be - they want you to ask. Life breeds life.......beauty breeds beauty.
7. Get clear........really clear. By asking for someone else for their viewpoint, you are sometimes getting clear on what you don't want in this world and that's just fine. Most of time, I have figured out what I do want by figuring out what I don't. Finding your own voice is sometimes messy with a few failures thrown in for good measure. But the question is, What else is worth doing? Every day is a new chance to figure it out.......